Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pitching a Tent

Well I must admit I have never pitched a tent in my life so I am not giving any camping advice here. I am talking about cute tent dresses. This princess does not sleep outside unless it is on a lounge chair at the beach with drink in hand (yes, I can sleep and drink at the same time.. tee hee).

Tent dresses and all their billowy fabric is relaxed and quite feminine, but some might be afraid of its shapeless appearance. Try pairing your dress with a cute belt to nip everything into place. Go an extra step and add a whisper-thin cardigan to feel a little more elegant. Today I went with my kelly green shoes and striped cardi as I was feeling a bit adventurous this morning. Next time I am thinking about losing the cardi and wearing a cute straw hat and flip flops for a casual beachy feel. 

Nice bucket in the background.





Dress- Thakoon for Target
Cardi- J. Crew
Shoes- Miz Mooz

The dress shown without a cardi.

3 comments:

  1. Those shoes are just amazing! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you styled it way more flattering that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought those shoes yesterday! Can't wait to get them!!!

    ReplyDelete