Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Joys of Summer- Sweet Cherries!


Nothing says summer like a big bowl of cherries! I remember as a kid my mom bringing home those first few baskets of the season and I could hardly wait to dive in, I had to eat them sparingly as they were super expensive and of course I had to share with the rest of the family. Like watermelon I always manage to eat this delightful fruit until I burst! First order of business for the hubby when we moved into our house 13 years ago, PLANT A CHERRY TREE! It has been fun watching the tree grow and produce. I must say we have the best cherries in town (ok, I am a little biased). Thought I would share my favorite cherry cobbler recipe. Enjoy!

Adding a few photos of the cherry tree from this spring and hubby netting to keep the birds away from the fruit.

Crate and Barrel Cherry Berry Colander $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment