Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Reading


I had just finished reading Shoe Addicts Anonymous by, Beth Harbison last night and loved it! I recommend to anyone who loves shoes and girlfriends (I think I need to start a support group for me and my girls.)
Now, that I finished this book and that today is only the second day of June it got me to start thinking about summer vacation and all that goes along with it. It brings me back to a time when I was a kid when I had nothing to do but sleep in late, roller skate until dark, eat watermelon, play with my friends, and get through the list of required summer reading. Well, sleeping in late and roller skating until dark is not part of my life today (that darn full time job and not being as limber as I once was!) but, I still can eat watermelon and play with my friends along with reading a good book.
I try to create for a list for myself every summer, and now that the season has arrived, I can’t wait to start my first book this weekend while basking in the sunshine and having a glass of yummy chardonnay.
Here is my short list of books I have stacked and ready to go:

Sleeping Arrangements, by Madeleine Wickham
Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella
Love the One You’re With, by Emily Giffin

Start your own list this summer and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment