Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Packing For Your Summer Get –Away
I am getting ready for a quick get-away to Portland for the 4th of July weekend and was in the process of packing last night. This task is always a challenge as I always want to throw everything in except the kitchen sink. I try to follow a few simple rules to make the most of my wardrobe while vacationing.
Here are a few thoughts.
• Choose one skirt that can be worn day or night;
• A pair of short or jeans depending on what you are comfortable with;
• One or Two pretty day to evening dresses;
• Two tops that coordinate with the skirt and jeans/shorts and can be layered underneath a cardigan if necessary;
• One lightweight cardigan to layer over the tops and the dress if the weather is cool;
• One lightweight scarf to wear as a scarf or wrap;
• One pair of sassy flat sandals;
• One pair of heels or wedge sandals to dress up your skirt, dress, and jeans/shorts for evening;
• A lightweight, large shoulder bag to tote all your necessities during the day. Be sure to leave room for small purchases (I always do!);
• One clutch or handle bag to wear out at night;
• Simple earrings to wear during the day; a statement necklace to add drama at night.
Here are few pieces I have thrown in my bag.
• Straw Fedora
• Grey Nautical Stripes Tank
• Tie Dye Maxi Dress
• Gold Bangles
• Jeffrey Campbell Wedges
• Vintage Basket Handle Bag